Sam Hurd Busted for Drugs
CBS Sports of Chicago is reporting that current Chicago Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd has been arrested Wednesday night on Federal drug charges. The arrest came Wednesday night in the parking lot at Morton’s Steak House in Rosemont,9525 Bryn Mawr Ave., after Hurd made a drug deal with an undercover Homeland Security agent.
During the fake drug deal, Hurd said he currently sells four kilograms of cocaine a week in the Chicagoland area, but his current supplier couldn’t supply him fully. Hurd was interested in purchasing five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana a week for distribution in the Chicago area. He was willing to pay $25,000 for each kilogram of cocaine and $450 for each pound of marijuana. That equals up to $700,000 for the drugs each week before distribution.
Hurd’s Affair with Illegal Drugs
According to court documents obtained by CBS, Hurd is being accused of being in possession of 500 grams of cocaine with the intent to distribute. Hurd is also accused of buying four kilograms of cocaine in July of 2011. Hurd’s investigation has been going on since July when a Dallas branch of The Department of Homeland Security received a tip. The court documents say Hurd was first questioned by investigators July 28 in Dallas. It was the next day he signed a three-year deal with the Chicago Bears.You can read the court documents for yourself here.
- Sam Hurd Arrested On Federal Drug Charges (sbnation.com)
- Chicago Bears Won’t Sniff the Playoffs with Ex-Cowboy Roster (bleacherreport.com)
- Man Convicted of Drug Trafficking (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Federal Group Wants To Ban All Phone Use While Driving (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Two sisters arrested in Tabasco burreras with 10 kilos of cocaine! (pikapvs.wordpress.com)