As a general rule most of the states department of wildlife have fishing and hunting regulations that are fairly similar such as having to obtain a hunting license; however there are some that also different in any number of ways.
In Texas there are several different types of licenses available such as the lifetime license where they are then exempt from having to buy a yearly stamp endorsement; however you still have to actually obtain the stamp, there is just no additional fee. The one type of hunting that is not available for a lifetime license is duck hunting.
Texas also offers a commercial hunting license that is used when the purpose of hunting is to make money for the person that is holding the license. And according to hunting regulations those licenses may only be purchased at a Texas Department of Wildlife law enforcement office or at their headquarters in Austin. There is also one that is strictly for recreational reasons like as a hobby, sport or anything non-economic.
The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife has different fishing and hunting regulations that include needing an additional fishing and hunting license for specific areas on top of the regular license. For example, both residents and non-residents that want to fish in Lake Texoma must purchase an additional specific license in order to do so. They will also issue a 5 day license to hunt anything except for deer or turkey; you must have a license specifically for both of those individually.
The state of Colorado’s Department of Wildlife has a special licensing department that handles the issuing of a hunting license to a non-resident. They allow only 10% of all of the licenses that are issued in order to hunt bighorn sheep, mountain goats and moose, to non-residents, the other 90% is reserved for Colorado residents only. So if you want to hunt any of those animals and you do not live in Colorado, you better get your license early.
The hunting regulations in Louisiana require that anyone who was born on or after the first of September, 1969 must have completed (satisfactorily) a hunting safety course that has been approved by their department of wildlife; the exception to this is being a veteran or active member of the armed services or a post certified police officer. One other exception is being under the age of 16 and hunting with someone that is certified.
There are many different hunting regulations and rules for obtaining a fishing or hunting license so whatever state you plan to hunt in be sure to check with their department of wildlife for information.