Plenty of men want to hide from their wife sometimes. Some head down to the basement game room. Some plop down on the couch to catch a game or a movie. Others may head off to the garage or yard to tinker with whatever they happen to find.
Not this man. Nope. He had his wife disallowed from re-entering the country.
According to the Daily News, a British immigration worker tried to get rid of his wife by adding her to the list of suspected terrorists, which he had the proper security clearance to do in accordance with his job.
When the man’s wife was trying to fly home from visiting family in Pakistan, British officials would not let her board the airplane, and would not tell her why, saying that her presence in Britain was “not conducive to the public good.” For three years, the woman was unable to leave Pakistan.
Fast forward to the beginning of the end of the story, where the man apparently applied for a promotion which required a higher security clearance than he already had. During the vetting process, investigators found that the man’s wife was listed on the terrorist watch list.
The man confessed to altering the list in order to keep his wife in Pakistan. He did not get the promotion. In fact, he was immediately fired.
So, the next time your wife is nagging about this or that, remember one thing: It’s probably easier to go watch some baseball or mow the lawn, instead of placing her on an international terrorist watch list.
- Immigration officer put wife on no-fly list(boingboing.net)
- Don’t Put Your Wife on the Do-Not-Fly List [Marriage](gawker.com)
- UK Immigration Officer Puts Wife on Terror Watch List So She Can’t Fly Home(jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com)
- Immigration Officer Puts Wife on the No-Fly List(loweringthebar.net)
- How far would you go to get rid of your spouse?(theglobeandmail.com)